Bellarine Keen-Agers Table Tennis Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Skater Boy and Sleeping Potion No.99" - Children's Books Written by our own Norbert Heimeier

Go down

"Skater Boy and Sleeping Potion No.99" - Children's Books Written by our own Norbert Heimeier Empty "Skater Boy and Sleeping Potion No.99" - Children's Books Written by our own Norbert Heimeier

Post by Graeme Beardwood Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:51 am

It is amazing to learn of the many skills and interests that our members have - Norbert Heimeier is just one excellent example.   We recently found out that Norbert is a published author of children’s book.

We asked Norbert how he started with this interest; what books he has written; and who they are aimed for.   Norbert very kindly responded with the following background.

“The booklets are short stories aimed at children 4 years old and older to be read to by parents but can be enjoyed from 4 to 80 as there are reference for older readers to enjoy.   The stories are about a young skater boy who encounters an Evil Barber who wishes to use the boys long golden hair for his own benefit. This latest book is the final of this series of five, where the Evil Barber and the Witchdoctor create a sleeping potion and use it to trick Skater Boy.

I started making story books for my grandson and using my own illustrations to compliment the stories.  The stories began when he asked me about why I didn’t have any hair, I replied a Barber took it and he asked if he was evil. Yes, he was an Evil Barber. Then we started exaggerating the story and talking about an evil barber. Then Guy Sebastian’s song “Bloodstone” came on the radio, and he loved that song, so I incorporated the bloodstone into the story – the bloodstone gave super powers.

Then he wanted more, so I did the wrestling show because we were into wrestling, I did some wrestling characters, and it then went a bit bigger and incorporated rock n roll.   Before long I had made a series of booklets with titles such as Skater Boy and the Evil Barber, Skater Boy and the Bloodstone, Skater Boy and the Wrestling Show, and Skater Boy and the Beach Party and now Skater Boy and Sleeping Potion No 99.”

These could be excellent Christmas or Birthday presents for your grand-children.  Norbert has provided the promotional flyers below for you to view - as they may appear small, you will have to enlarge them.   Please contact Norbert if you would like to purchase any.

Graeme Beardwood

"Skater Boy and Sleeping Potion No.99" - Children's Books Written by our own Norbert Heimeier Skater10
"Skater Boy and Sleeping Potion No.99" - Children's Books Written by our own Norbert Heimeier Skater11
Graeme Beardwood
Graeme Beardwood

Back to top Go down